Learning & Resource Center
Video and pdf tutorials for the On3 CMS platform
The most important team site metric at this stage is subscription signups. How do you drive more subscription signups?
- Plus Content is the key to driving new subscriptions. Always think about ways to make free content plus content. For example: instead of posting quotes from a press conference and making it free, post the quotes with some analysis. If there is breaking news that is free, follow it up with a plus article with your analysis. The only team site posts that should be free is breaking news. Everything else should be “plus”. Don’t over think it. (excluding KSR)
- If you post a breaking news article that is free it must have 450 words within an hour of posting. It’s ok to immediately post with less than 450 words, however, you must update within one hour of posting. Free articles that have less than 450 words have zero value because Google won’t pick it up and it won’t do well on Facebook. It’s worth zero.
- Free (breaking news) articles must have a green Yoast SEO light within one hour of posting. We have been lenient on this as everyone has been getting up to speed. We will be looking at this much more closely and will be required moving forward.
- Featured photos must be 1200×630
- Headlines should include full names “Jim Harbaugh” not “Harbaugh”… Use the team name whenever possible “Ohio State” “Auburn” “Clemson”, etc..
- All photos must have attribution.
- Always select the most specific primary category
Frequently Asked Questions
To learn more about our email system, CLICK HERE
On3 uses Slack to share resources and communicate important company-wide messages. It is mandatory for all full-time fan site employees to be accessible on Slack. Additionally, everyone must join the channel #team-site-announcements. If you miss something that is communicated there, it will not be a valid excuse that you didn’t see it or know about it. If you are not already on Slack, CLICK HERE to join.
Creating Your Author Profile
Uploading your photo, adding a bio and inserting your twitter handle.
Creating A Post
Titles/headlines, adding text, style, structure and best practices
IMPORTANT - do links this way!
The procedure for adding internal and external links.
Best size, featured images, captions and resources
Adding Additional Elements
It’s simple to insert gifs, twitter cards, quotes google sheets and more.
Categories and Tags
How to assign the base and primary categories so that your article is categorized correctly
What is premium content? How to you enable the paywall?
Managing The Carousel
Instructions on how to program the carousel on the front page
CLICK HERE to learn best practices for SEO settings and Yoast.
Adding Profiles To The Database
CLICK HERE to download instructions.
Enter an RPM
CLICK HERE to learn how to add your prediction to a player profile.
Linking And Tagging Player Profiles
CLICK HERE for a short video on the best way to link a current player to their profile page
Embedding Hudl Video
Want to embed a video embed in a post or profile? There is a trick to getting the right code.
After Your Post - What To Do Next
Requesting graphics, social media strategy, and board posting.
Uploading files to Megaphone and working with ad placements.